We made it. One year has now passed and we are still alive. Most of us. Some of the chickens did not make it but to be fair, they did not move with us from the states. The cats are doing well after my paranoia passed about not letting them outside. It’s dangerous…..scorpions and all that. They are going outside now and are happy. No scorpion problems. Click on the words in different colors below for links to previous posts.
1. Move in one piece.
2. Build chicken house, get chickens. Learn more about farm animals. Grow the “crop”.
3. Grow organic veggies. Build planting bed. Try growing other things. Try again. Seeds. Learn more.
4. Have furniture built.
5. Storage built for porch to contain tools.
6. Get front yard pretty; at half way mark.
7. Build new bathroom sink cause I did not like the other one.
8. Be here to care for Mom if she gets sick, she did.
9. Be here to care for Ana’s Mom if she gets sick, she is.
10. Move Mom to her cabin on our land….with all her cats.
11. Host visitors, take them on tours. (Susan and Judi were first visitors, did not post anything as Mom got ill the day after)
12. Explore Guadalajara for shopping and fun. Need to do more!
13. Build sturdy fence between us and neighbors. Halfway complete.
14. Harvest our own corn, beans and use them.
15. Get legal. Apply for residency in Mexico.
16. Learn to use a scythe.
17. Hang hammock on porch. Relax.
18. Work on cafe/B&B/karaoke….pizza joint. Whatever.
19. Celebrate. Have fun. More fun. And more. Birthdays. Another big one.
20. Cook. Cook some more. Did I say cook?
21. Meet new people. Do new things.
More things need to be completed of course and we have learned SO much over this past year.
Thanks everyone for your visits and support this past year to our blog. It really means a lot that folks are out there in virtual land cheering us on and supporting us when things go awry. Below is a photo of my favorite place in the house, out on the porch. Ahhhh…….